Efforts to Institutionalize TAMAM in the Ministry of Education in Oman 2021-2022
The implementation of TAMAM began in the academic year 2011/2012 in the Sultanate of Oman, and the number of schools participating in the TAMAM project is (11) schools from four educational governorates, which are Muscat, Al Dakhiliyah, South Al Batinah, and Al Sharqiya North.
Dr. Abdullah Ambusaidi, Under-Secretary for Education at the Ministry of Education, is making unremitting efforts to institutionalize TAMAM in the Ministry of Education in Oman, by carrying out many strategies and activities to pave the way for that. Including, for example, but not limited to:
– In September 20, 2022, the Ministry of Education, represented by the Office of the Undersecretary for Education organized the TAMAM gathering in the presence of representatives from the ministry and from the School Administration Supervision دائرة إشراف الإدارة المدرسية. Mrs. Diana Sarieddine, the PST senior coach, was invited to the gathering along with members of the schools that adopted TAMAM. The gathering began with an overview of the TAMAM project and its strategic goals, which were presented by Mr. Khaled Al Bassami (Assistant Director in the Office of the Undersecretary for Education), TAMAM Oman Hub coordinator, and coach. Mr. Youssef El-Yahmadi, presented a summary of his master’s thesis titled “The Role of Educational Projects in Administrative Empowerment of Schools in the Sultanate of Oman “Tamam Project as a Model” After that, Mrs. Diana Sarieddine, also presented the PST’s perspective on the Oman Hub experience and the role of coaches and team members in the training, research, networking, visibility and sustainability activities. Following that, each school participating in the project gave an overview presentation of the improvement initiatives they are currently working on and implementing at their schools. https://home.moe.gov.om/topics/1/show/8493)
– Members from the department of educational supervision have visited several TAMAM Omani participating schools in order to get more acquainted with the project and the impact it has on these schools. The team members presented about TAMAM and the improvement initiatives they have been working on following its methodology.
– An audio interview with Ms. Maryam Abdullah Al-Mashrafieh – Senior Educational Researcher in the Office of the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Education for Education and an active member in the TAMAM network – was conducted with her on Sunday the 25th of September 2022 in the صباح الشباب-مع الحدث program, where she talked about TAMAM project that supports educational improvement initiatives at Oman schools. Here is her podcast: https://ayn.om/s/Ek4XSLxg
– Ms. Maryam Abdullah Al-Mashrafieh also presented at the social innovation labs (مختبرات الابتكار الاجتماعي) related to students with special needs and in her presentation, she suggested the idea of including a new school that serves students with special needs in the TAMAM project and she gave insight about the importance of this to the school. During her brief presentation she introduced TAMAM to the attendees.
– Inauguration of a new portal in August 2022 for the final reports of Oman participating schools on the “Educational Portal” website on the Oman library at https://home.moe.gov.om/library
– The visit of Dr. Abdullah to the schools of Al-Ithar and Aisha Umm Al-Mu’minin (from the pioneer Tamam schools in Oman) to check on the progress of TAMAM initiatives, its impact dissemination and expansion. Here are the details of the visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVlkpf_RmvY