TAMAM Strategic Goals for Phase V
The TAMAM Movement is proposing to pursue six strategic goals for phase V. Below is a description of the proposed strategic goals with the major suggested activities under each goal:
Strategic goal I: Promote active membership within an expanding diverse professional network
- Develop and implement a membership framework that specifies criteria for member participation and recruitment in TAMAM network.
- Solicit members’ active commitment to the vision and mission of TAMAM movemen
- Promote and maintain the active engagement of members through well-defined strategies
- Promote and support effective interaction and dialogue among current members through different means and platforms.
- Provide training for more schools following TAMAM leadership building capacity program as a way to identify and support potential active members
- Build the leadership capacity of coaches to expand the membership and keep the momentum of the movement
- Identify and attract researchers in regional or international universities who are interested in conducting research about TAMAM
Strategic goal II: Establish partnerships with institutional stakeholders
- Partnership with influential organizations/ institutions:
- Develop a strategy and plans of actions for identifying and attracting partner organizations/ institutions
- Identify influential entities that gather policy and decision makers in the different Arabic countries, then design a strategy to communicate and partner with them.
- Sign letters of understanding (LOU) and/or memorandum of understanding (MOU) with new institutions (universities and ministries, institutes or centers that focus on impacting policies
- Partnership with pioneer schools:
- Define terms of partnership with TAMAM pioneer schools who concluded the first cycle in TAMAM
Strategic goal III: Encourage the establishment of Networked Improvement Communities [NIC]
- Short-term school networking:
- Encourage and support voluntary initiatives for school networking among TAMAM community members
- Long-term school networking:
- Provide focused support to TAMAM Jordan Hub schools networking initiative around improving Arabic Teaching
- Encourage and support cross-country networking initiative among TAMAM schools around partnerships with parent and community
- Develop the design characteristic of the effective NIC in TAMAM and how they can contribute to the TAMAM movement
- Country networks/hubs:
- Encourage and the support the initiation and sustainability of TAMAM networks/ hubs in different countries while remaining responsive to the unique organizational context of each country
Strategic goal IV: Enhance research lab activities and its research-based designs
- Develop a clear research agenda to study, in depth, critical aspects of TAMAM ongoing experiences with a focus on success stories
- Conduct collaborative research studies stemming from the TAMAM research agenda
- Conduct evaluation studies of TAMAM impact – with focus on impact on teachers, principals’ leadership and students’ agency for learning
- Develop case studies of success stories of TAMAM impact with focus on students and this could be as written articles or recorded videos
- Invite regional and international researchers to explore TAMAM database and develop research proposals within the TAMAM research agenda.
- Conduct cross-cultural research studies that compare TAMAM model and experiences to well-established international frameworks [ex. NIC] and disseminate findings in international conferences/ journals.
- Publish research articles about TAMAM in English and Arabic peer reviewed journals
- Coaching/Program Design:
- Design a Monitoring procedure/ system for schools and coaches to protect the integrity of the implementation of the TAMAM model and to collect the processes and prototypes designed by the schools and coaches.
- Develop and refine further the designs of the three experimental programs: “Parent School Partnership Program” and “Local Community School Partnership Program”, and “Student Leadership” to fit different contexts
- Develop scaling up strategies.
Strategic goal V: Increase the visibility of TAMAM activities
- Members of the TAMAM Network
- Conduct on-line activities through TAMAM platform to disseminate on going activities, achievements and news on the project activities
- Ensure the visibility of the member schools activities on TAMAM social media
- Friends of TAMAM, volunteers & interns
- Locate interns and volunteers from different universities and invest in their abilities to support TAMAM activities
- Identify potential individuals from the interns and volunteers to be friends of TAMAM
- Mobilize friends of TAMAM to support the dissemination of the TAMAM movement activities and achievements
- Dissemination to the broader public
- Develop and implement a dissemination and visibility plan for TAMAM (Open sourcing, Knowledge Dissemination, Campaigns. / Influencing Public Awareness, Norms or Behaviors, Smart volunteering models …)
- Develop a well-defined internal and external communication strategies and platforms within TAMAM network and community at large
- Provide TAMAM resources as an open education source
Strategic goal VI: Sustain TAMAM activities [Sustainability]
- Locate funding agencies with philosophy aligning with TAMAM
- Apply for different funding opportunities to support TAMAM various activities
- Training programs:
- Provide TAMAM in-service programs where educators can complete in return of receiving university level certification.
- Provide income-generating services/courses.
- Knowledge management strategies and platforms:
- Develop further the existing knowledge management strategies and platforms to make it accessible for educational researchers
- Develop a plan that organizes access to the TAMAM database (ethical measures, consent process…)
- Scaling up:
- Identify components of TAMAM to be scaled up (ex. designs extracted from school improvement projects, programs designed by PST, services, processes, products…)
- Develop scaling up plan with well-defined strategies and mechanisms to scale up different components of TAMAM functionally [in programs and services] or quantitatively [in number and reach] (ex. Disseminate the designs produced by the PST and those from school improvement projects that were found to be impactful/ effective across context)